Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Author Interview


The Next Big Thing . . . we all like to think we will be.  I suppose there can only be so many Twilight’s in a lifetime, but you never know . . . right?
We are blog hopping our way through some new reads.  For those who aren’t familiar with a blog hop . . . to me it’s kind of like a treasure hunt – once you find something on one blog you hop on over to the next blog link for more treasure.  In this case, the treasure is a wealth of new and exciting books.  Some are still being written, some are just being released.  Either way, for fiction lovers . . . it’s a treasure and I’d like to thank Lindsey J. Parsons for tagging me to participate. Please visit her on her blog at http://lindseyjparsons.wordpress.com/2012/09/19/the-next-big-thing/  In this particular hop I answer 10 questions . . . you get to learn about my current WIP (work in progress), some of the characters I’ve come to think of as real, and how I got to the point of being nuts enough to write down over 70 thousand words worth of what the voices in my head have been whispering to me.  When it’s all said & done . . . comments and questions are always welcome.


Here are the 10 questions:

What is the working title of your book?  My new book is the final installment of my Vampire Queen series. It is titled “Demise of the Vampire Queen” and will be available on November 1st.

Where did the idea come from for the book?  My very first book was the “Vampire Queen”. I really liked my character so I wrote a second one, “The Vampire Chronicles”. I then decided I wanted to say I had a trilogy so I created the third book which also ties up the first two books.

What genre does your book fall under?  My book is a paranormal, vampire romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?   I would like Charlize Theron to play my vampire queen. She has the great range of acting skills to portray all the actions and emotions my character possesses.  My husband thinks Amanda Righetti would be perfect with her hair, facial structure and previous horror movie experience. She plays on The Mentalist so she’s only vaguely known.


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?  Will a secret pact cause the fall of the Vampire Queen from her throne?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?   My book is going to be published by the same publisher as the first three books, Eternal Press/Damnation Books LLC which will be available on Amazon in both paperback and Kindle. I also have two books that were self-published from Createspace.com and are also on Amazon.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?  I worked on the manuscript for about a year as I kept writing and rewriting sections but then I edited it over and over for about six months. I tried for almost three years to get it published.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?   I would hate to compare my book to other wonderfully popular authors. However, if I had to pick, the structure and initial premise is similar to P.C. Cast though I already had that done before I read her wonderful books.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?  I have been writing for over 10 years but struggled in the beginning with romance stories. It wasn’t until I read Anne Rices’ Vampire books that I was inspired to write about the vampires that I had always had a fascination with since I was a child. 

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?   There is some female/female situations but not erotic scenes. It could still be read from older young adults to elderly adults.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jodie! Good luck and best wishes for 'The Vampire Queen Series.'

    ReplyDelete